The Statistical Modelling Society will provide up to two travel grants to support students who have no other means of financial support. These travel grants will include:
- student registration fee for the IWSM including a one-year subscription to the journal Statistical Modelling,
- participation in the IWSM social events (excursion and conference dinner),
- refund of travel and accommodation costs (based upon presenting receipts) up to 800 EUR.
To apply for a student travel grant the student must:
- actively participate in the IWSM by giving an oral presentation,
- send an essay about one page (PDF) describing his/her research and in particular its connections to statistical modelling in a broader context (past achievements, future plans),
- include a letter of reference (PDF, scanned copy of) signed by the supervisor, head of department or similar authority that confirms the student status.
Abstract should be submitted through the standard conference abstract submission form. Essays and reference letters should be sent via email to email@example.com with the subject Travel grant. The deadline to submit the application and related documents is April 4, 2022. Decisions on the student travel grants will be made by the Scientific Committee and representatives of the Statistical Modelling Society based on the submitted documents (see above). The Statistical Modelling Society wishes to increase the number of participants from countries that have so far been underrepresented at the IWSM. Students affiliated with institutions of the host country (Italy) are not eligible for the 2022 IWSM travel grants.